IAMGOLD – with four operating gold mines on three continents, Burkina Faso (Essakane), Suriname (Rosebel), Canada (Westwood) and its 41% JV in Mali (Sadiola). Together they are expected to produce 882,000 ounces of gold in 2018. A solid base of strategic assets in North and South America and West Africa is complemented by development and exploration projects, and continued assessment of accretive acquisition opportunities. IAMGOLD is in a strong financial position with extensive management and operational expertise. Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (trading symbol “IMG”), the New York Stock Exchange (trading symbol “IAG”).
|Stock Symbol||TSX: IMG , NYSE: IAG|
|SEDAR Profile||SEDAR - IAMGOLD Corporation|
|Investor Deck||BMO 28th Global Metals and Mining Conference|
|Company Projects||Operational projects
Rosebel gold mine: The Rosebel gold mine is located in the mineral rich Brokopondo district in north eastern Suriname, South America. Suriname is a former Dutch colony situated in northern South America bordering the Atlantic Ocean between French Guiana and Guyana.
The mining concession covers 170 square kilometres, with the Suriname River to the east, the Saramacca River to the west and the Brokopondo reserve to the south.The Rosebel gold mine began commercial production in 2004 and as at the end of 2016 had produced 4.4 million ounces of gold.
Ownership: 95% IAMGOLD, 5% Government of Suriname.
Essakane gold mine: The Essakane project is located in north-eastern Burkina Faso, West Africa. It straddles the boundary of the Oudalan and Seno provinces in the Sahel region of Burkina Faso and is approximately 330 km northeast of the capital, Ouagadougou.
The Essakane deposit is located within a 100.2 km² mining permit that is surrounded by six exploration permits covering a total area of 1,266km².
IAMGOLD commenced management of the Essakane project following the acquisition of Orezone Resources in February 2009. Essakane began commercial production in July 2010. The plant expansion to accommodate a substantial increase of hard rock, was completed on time at the end of 2013.Ownership: 90% IAMGOLD, 10% Government of Burkina Faso.
Westwood gold mine: The Westwood Project is located on the Doyon property, 2.5 kilometres east of the former Doyon Gold Mine in the Bousquet Township, approximately 40 kilometres east of Rouyn-Noranda and 80 kilometres west of Val d’Or in southwestern Québec, Canada.
The Westwood Project covers 1,925 hectares and consists of 120 titles, one mining lease, one surface lease and three tailings leases. The Westwood Project is held 100% by IAMGOLD
Westwood began production in the first quarter of 2013. The mine commenced commercial production in July 2014, producing 70,000 ounces in the first two quarters, with an average diluted grade of 7.98 grams of gold per tonne.
Sadiola gold mine: The Sadiola Gold Mine is located in southwest Mali, West Africa near the Senegal Mali border, approximately 70 kilometres south of the town of Kayes, the regional capital.
The Sadiola mining permit covers an area of 302 km² in a remote part of Mali with little infrastructure. The minesite is accessed by a regional gravel road to Kayes.
The Sadiola mine is a joint venture operation with AngloGold Ashanti and accounts for roughly 10% of IAMGOLD’s production. The existing plant was not built for hard rock processing and because the mine is nearing the end of its supply of oxide ore, or soft rock, an expansion is necessary. Though depleting, mining of the oxides is expected to continue until 2018.
Ownership: 41% IAMGOLD, 41% AngloGold Ashanti, Government of Mali 18%
Yatela gold mine: The Yatela Gold Mine is located 25 kilometres north of the Sadiola Gold Mine in southwest Mali, West Africa near the Senegal-Mali border, approximately 50 kilometres to the SSW of the town of Kayes, the regional capital.
The Yatela Gold Mine is located 25 kilometres north of the Sadiola Gold Mine in southwest Mali, West Africa near the Senegal-Mali border, approximately 50 kilometres to the SSW of the town of Kayes, the regional capital.
Ownership: 40% IAMGOLD, 40% AngloGold Ashanti, 20% Government of Mali
Côté Gold Project: IAMGOLD is assessing the potential to construct and operate a new open pit gold mine on the project property located at Gogama, Ontario, Canada. Open pit mining operations are estimated to have a throughput rate of approximately 30,000 tonnes per day. The preliminary site layout proposes to install the necessary mine-related facilities in close proximity to the open pit.
The Côté Gold Project is located in the Chester and Yeo Townships, District of Sudbury, in northeastern Ontario. It is approximately 20 km southwest of Gogama, 130 km southwest of Timmins, and 200 km northwest of Sudbury, roughly 5 km west of Highway 144.
IAMGOLD acquired Trelawney Mining and Exploration Inc. in 2012. Trelawney had carried out exploration activities at the Project site since 2009. Since its discovery in 2010, extensive diamond drilling activities have been undertaken to delineate the Côté Gold deposit.
Ownership: 64.75% IAMGOLD
Boto Gold Project, Senegal: Our wholly-owned Boto Gold Project comprises 236 square kilometres, and has an indicated resource of 1.6 million ounces, with an average grade of 1.8 grams of gold per tonne, and a further 125,000 ounces in inferred resources grading 1.3 grams of gold per tonne (resources as at December 31, 2015). During 2016, diamond drilling was completed at the Malikoundi deposit to target mineralization in the footwall not completely drilled in previous campaigns, as well as test for potential extensions along strike to the north. With the completion of this phase of the drilling program, the Company reported initial drill assay results that confirmed wider intervals of mineralization in the footwall as well as the extension of high grade mineralization along strike to the north of the Malikoundi deposit.
Pitangui Project, Brazil: The Pitangui Project, 100%-owned, is located on an 180-square-kilometre land package in Brazil’s Iron Quadrangle, the second largest gold producing region in the country. Our focus is on the newly discovered São Sebastião deposit with an estimated resource of 679,000 inferred ounces averaging 5.0 grams of gold per tonne hosted in iron formations for which the region is well known (resources as at December 31, 2015). During 2016, approximately 7,500 metres of diamond drilling were completed to test targets along strike to the southeast and southwest of the São Sebastião deposit having similar electromagnetic ("EM”) signatures and corresponding geochemical soil anomalies to that of the São Sebastião deposit. To date, drilling has confirmed the presence of rock units similar to those hosting the main São Sebastião deposit, which could potentially host additional mineralization.
Siribaya Project, Mali: On February 28, 2017, the Company acquired, in an all share transaction, all of the issued and outstanding common shares and all of the outstanding common share purchase warrants and options that it did not already own of Merrex Gold. Merrex is a Canadian junior exploration company that owns a 50% interest in the Siribaya project in Mali. Including the 50% previous ownership interest, the Company now has a 100% interest in the Siribaya project.
Effective December 31, 2016, total resources estimated for the Siribaya project include indicated resources of 2.1 million tonnes grading 1.9 g/t Au for 129,000 ounces of gold, and inferred resources of 19.8 million tonnes grading 1.7 g/t Au for 1.1 million ounces. Of the inferred resources, the recently discovered Diakha deposit hosts 14.8 million tonnes grading 1.8 g/t Au for 863,000 ounces, accounting for 75% of the total tonnage and 79% of the contained gold within the total inferred resources at Siribaya.
Monster Lake, Quebec JV: Partner: Option Agreement with Toma Gold Corporation. Located 50 kilometres southwest of Chibougamau, Quebec.
Drilling is interpreted to have intersected a new, second zone along the MLSZ structure in an area located 200 to 400 metres to the north of the 325-Megane zone and requires additional drilling. Additionally, exploration activities continued throughout the latter portion of the year and involved geological and structural mapping, limited trenching and select geochemical surveys elsewhere on the property and in the immediate vicinity of the 325-Megane zone.
Eastern Borosi, Nicaragua JV: Partner: Option Agreement with Calibre Mining Corporation. Located in the Golden Triangle of Northeast Nicaragua.
A 7,000 metre diamond drilling program is planned for 2017 with the objective to evaluate the resource potential of the Guapinol, Riscos de Oro and East Dome veins. If the results are positive, they will be used to complete a National Instrument 43-101 resource estimate. In 2017, IAMGOLD expects to vest an initial 51% interest in the project, upon which, it may elect to enter the second Option to earn up to a 70% interest in the project by completing additional exploration expenditures totaling $4.5 million and making $450,000 in payments to Calibre Mining by May 26, 2020.
IMG Research Center
- August 13,2019 - IAMGOLD Reports Remaining Assay Results from the 2019 Delineation Drilling Program at the Nelligan Gold Project, Quebec
- August 7, 2019 - IAMGOLD Announces Initial Drilling Results Testing the Underground Mining Potential at Its Saramacca Project, Suriname
- August 7, 2019 - IAMGOLD Reports Second Quarter 2019 Results; Expecting Stronger Second Half of the Year at Essakane and Westwood
- August 1, 2019 - IAMGOLD Reports Incident at Rosebel Concession
- July 31,2019 - IAMGOLD Reports Additional Positive Assay Results from the 2019 Drilling Program Completed on the Lac Gamble Zone of the Rouyn Gold Project, Quebec
- July 30,2019 - IAMGOLD Reports Results from Its 2019 Drilling Program on the New Gosselin Gold Zone - Côté Gold Project, Ontario
- July 23, 2019 - IAMGOLD Reports Positive Results from Its 2019 Drilling Program at Monster Lake, Quebec
- July 3, 2019 - IAMGOLD Announces Dates for Its Second Quarter 2019 Results
- June 12, 2019 - IAMGOLD Reports Further Results from Its 2019 Drilling Program on the Lac Gamble Zone of the Rouyn Gold Project, Quebec
- May 30,2019 - IAMGOLD Reports Positive Results from Its 2019 Delineation Drilling Program at the Nelligan Gold Project, Quebec
- May 23, 2019 - IAMGOLD Reports Initial Results from Its 2019 Drilling Program Completed on Lac Gamble Zone of the Rouyn Gold Project, Quebec
- May 17, 2019 - IAMGOLD Comments on Recent Trading Activity
- May 7, 2019 - IAMGOLD Shareholders Re-elect Board of Directors
- May 6, 2019 - IAMGOLD Reports First Quarter 2019 Results; Reinforcing Our Self-Funding Model
- April 15, 2019 - IAMGOLD Announces Dates for Its First Quarter 2019 Results
- March 26,2019 - IAMGOLD Reports New Gold Discovery at the Côté Gold Project, Ontario
- March 19,2019 - IAMGOLD Announces Westwood Gold Mine Workforce Reduction
- February 28, 2019 - Fatality at Essakane
- February 21, 2019 - IAMGOLD Form 40-F Filed on EDGAR; AIF Filed on SEDAR
- February 20, 2019 - IAMGOLD Reports 2018 Year-End Results Reflecting Increased Reserve Base, Solid Asset Portfolio and Strong Cash Position
- February 19, 2019 - IAMGOLD Achieves 23% Annual Increase in Reserves; Reports 2018 Reserves of 17.9 Million Ounces and Measured and Indicated Resources of 27.9 Million Ounces
- February 19, 2019 - IAMGOLD Files NI 43-101 Technical Report for Previously Announced Updated Resource Estimate at Diakha-Siribaya Gold Project
- January 30, 2019 - IAMGOLD Reports 744,000 Indicated Ounces and Increases Resources by 57% at the Diakha - Siribaya Gold Project in Mali
- January 28, 2019 - IAMGOLD Defers Côté Construction
- January 21, 2019 - IAMGOLD Files NI 43-101 Technical Report for Previously Announced Initial Resource Estimate at Gossey Satellite Deposit
- January 16, 2019 - IAMGOLD Meets Production and Cost Guidance for 2018; Provides 2019 Guidance