Sokoman Minerals Corp Profile
Sokoman Iron Corp. (“Sokoman Iron” SIC-TSX.V), is a Newfoundland and Labrador based junior mineral exploration company focused on exploration for world class mineral deposits in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Sokoman’s flagship projects are a strategic group of gold properties located in Central Newfoundland spearheaded by the newly acquired Moosehead Gold project located near the Trans Canada Highway and which has produced numerous high grade gold intercepts from historical drilling including 2.02 meters of 111.96 grams per tonne gold and 21.19 meters of 9.28 grams per tonne gold. Sokoman plans to drill the Moosehead property in the second quarter of 2018. The nearby Clarks Brook project is host to locally high grade (24 g/t Au) showings which were drill tested for the first time by Sokoman in mid October 2017. Assay results include 3.10 meters of 3.47 grams per tonne gold including 0.60 meters of 14.73 grams per tonne gold and the mineralization is open in all directions. Sokoman also has 100% interests in the Startrek (antimony/gold) project, the Lamaline gold/silver project, and the Lawn zinc/copper/silver/bismuth skarn on the Island of Newfoundland, and the Iron Horse (iron) project in the prolific Labrador Trough, Canada’s premiere Iron Ore producing district.
|Sokoman Minerals Website||www.sokomaniron.com|
|Stock Symbol||TSX: SIC.V, OTC: SICNF|
|SEDAR Profile||SEDAR - Sokoman Minerals Corp.|
|Investor Deck||Company Presentation|
|Company Projects||Moosehead Project: Primarily Sokoman is focused on exploration of mineral deposits on the company’s flagship Moosehead project, now currently in the 3rd phase of a diamond drill exploration and development campaign. This forms a calculated part of Sokoman’s line of attack for near-term growth. Moosehead is located in the Central Newfoundland, Gold District with near access to the Trans-Canada Highway. Having already produced numerous high grade gold intercepts with exceptional long intervals. The project is an orogenic lode gold. Moosehead is located in a stable Canadian jurisdiction of mining friendly N.L. that is open to exploration and development. Situated approximately 6 km northeast of the town of Baie Verte, in north central part of the Province. The Project has all year accessibility via a network of provincially maintained highways and paved roads.
In April 2018 Altius optioned the Moosehead gold property to Sokomon in consideration for the option, Sokoman issued 7,753,571 shares to Altius. Total Altius shareholding in Sokomon rests at 19.9% of its issued and outstanding common shares (9,182,142). Sokoman is committed to fund a minimum of $500,000 exploration program over the next 12 months. Altius retains a 1.5-per-cent net smelter return royalty, preferential rights on any future royalties or streams granted on the Moosehead property, and a pro rata right to participate in future equity financings of Sokoman for three years.
Moosehead Drill Programs: The Moosehead Project, contains two main zones Eastern and Western. The Eastern zones main area focus is portioned into three segments of east pond, south & north.
The Western zone with historical sampling and recent drill results in phase 1 and 2 has produced numerous high grade gold intercepts. Historical drilling including 2.02 meters of 111.96 grams per tonne gold and 21.19 meters of 9.28 grams per tonne gold. Other sampling has returned values of up to 442 g/t Au from boulders, additionally up to 170 g/t Au over 1.53 meters from drill core samples. The mineralized system is largely untested below a vertical depth of 100 metres. A single deep hole traversed 0.50m at 278 g/t Au with hole depth of 257 metres. The Western Trend and remains open along strike.
The Eastern zone recent activity has seen completed numerous holes from its current Phase 1 and 2 programs along long strike to the east that is thought to diverge to the north and south. During the latter half of 2018 and into Jan of 2019, the Company released assay results from the first two drilling phases. The first three holes reported from the Eastern trend, included exceptional grades and intercepts. Eastern trend hole (MH-18-01) dissected 11.90 m @ 44.96 g/t. The discovery is a new high grade discovery in a relatively unexplored area. Phase three drilling began in late Jan. 2019. The aim is to retest the Eastern trend down dip and 2 other exploration areas along strike of the North Pond fault and South Pond. A recent news release update showed drill cores have produced visible gold in holes on trend to the north and strike of the north fault. All phase 3 drilling is awaiting assays.
Other Exploration projects
3 - 2017 Acquisition > Cape Ray/Valentine Lake/Alder Zone structural trend in Central Newfoundland
Clarks Brook (Au) - High grade surface assays (19.5 g/t Au bedrock; 25.4 g/t Au float). Recent drilling > Fall/Winter 2017/18 - DDH (7 holes) 3.74 g/t Au over 3.10 m including, 14.7 g/t Au 0.60.
Crippleback Lake (Au) – located NE of Alder Zone and features strongly anomalous gold grain
counts (up to 57 gold grains) in till sampling.
East Alder (Au) – located less than 1.5 kms from Altius Minerals/Antler Gold Alder Zone (49.3 g/t Au / 4.6 m) and 1.5 kms from the Elm Zone (93.1 g/t Au / 1.3 m).
SIC Resource Center
- August 20, 2019 - Sokoman Minerals Commences Drilling at Clarks Brook
- August 7,2019 - Metals Creek Resources Partner, Sokoman Minerals to Initiate Deep Testing at Clarks Brook in Mid-August
- August 7, 2019 - Sokoman Minerals to Initiate Deep Testing at Clarks Brook in Mid-August
- July 11, 2019 - Sokoman Minerals Commences Phase 4 Drilling at Moosehead
- May 9, 2019 - Sokoman Minerals Provides Summer Exploration Update
- April 16, 2019 - Sokoman Minerals Cuts 4.8 m of 33.59 g/t Au at Moosehead Property, Newfoundland
- March 19,2019 - Sokoman Minerals Completes Phase 3 Drilling at Moosehead Gold Property, Newfoundland
- March 1,2019 - Sokoman Mineral Provides Phase 3 Drilling Update at Mossehead Gold Property, Newfoundland
- Febreary 13,2019 - Sokoman Iron announces name change
- REPORT ON STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF THE EASTERN TREND MOOSEHEAD PRO
- December 14th, 2018 - PRESS RELEASE SOKOMAN IRON MOOSEHEAD PROJECT, NL
- November 16th, 2018 - SOKOMAN IRON CUTS 24.90 m OF 33.56 g/t Au AT EASTERN TREND, NL
- October 1st, 2018 - SOKOMAN IRON COMMENCES PHASE 2 MOOSEHEAD, CENTRAL NEWFOUNDLAND
- September 19th, 2018 - SOKOMAN IRON ANNOUNCES PHASE 2 DRILLING AT MOOSEHEAD, CENTRAL NL
- September 17th, 2018 - ERIC MYUNG APPOINTED CFO AND ISSUANCE OF INCENTIVE STOCK OPTIONS
- September 4th, 2018 - The Northern Miner - Sokoman Iron sparks gold fever in NL
- September 4th, 2018 - CHF Spotlight - Canada’s Newest Emerging Gold Play
- August 29th, 2018 - SOKOMAN RECEIVES WESTERN TREND ASSAYS AT MOOSEHEAD, NEWFOUNDLAND
- July 30th, 2018 - SOKOMAN IRON ANNOUNCES $3 MILLION FINANCING LED BY ERIC SPROTT
- July 24th, 2018 - SOKOMAN ASSAYS CONFIRM HIGH-GRADE GOLD MOOSEHEAD PROJECT NL
- METALS CREEK ADVISED THAT SOKOMAN IRON CORP CONFIRMS IN SITU GOLD MINERALIZATION AT CLARKS BROOK, CENTRAL NEWFOUNDLAND