Westhaven Ventures Profile
Westhaven owns a 100%-interest in 4 properties covering over 35,000 hectares within the prospective SBGB, which is situated within a geological setting like those which host other significant epithermal gold-silver systems. There is evidence of a significant mineralized alteration system within the property. Recent drilling intersected 17.77 metres of 24.50 g/t Au, including 6.78 metres of 50.76 g/t Au.
|Westhaven Ventures Website||www.westhavenventures.com|
|Stock Symbol||TSX.V: WHN, OTC: WTHVF|
|SEDAR Profile||Westhaven Ventures Inc.|
|Investor Deck||Exploring British Columbia's Newest Gold Belt|
|Company Projects||Westhaven is the largest claim holder on the highly prospective Spences Bridge Gold Belt, with over 30,000 hectares across three gold properties. The SBGB is a 110 km northwest-trending belt of intermediate to felsic volcanic rocks dominated by the Cretaceous Spences Bridge group. These relatively underexplored volcanic rocks are highly prospective for epithermal style gold mineralization. This is large land package on an underexplored and emerging gold belt.
Prospect Valley Gold: The 10, 871 hectare Prospect Valley (PV) Gold Property is located roughly 30 kilometres to the west of Merritt, British Columbia and is situated in the Spences Bridge Gold Belt (SBGB). The property is road accessible and benefits from its proximity to both towns and highways. Westhaven recently acquired 100% interest in this property subject to a 2% NSR.
The PV property was first staked in the fall of 2001 as a result of the discovery of numerous gold–bearing quartz vein and breccia float occurrences demonstrating classic epithermal textures.
The identification of low–sulphidation epithermal mineralization in both outcrop and float has focused exploration on the property to the Discovery, NIC, Northeast Extension and Bonanza Valley zones.
The majority of historical drilling on the Prospect Valley property has taken place in the centre of the claim block, along the Discovery Trend. This drilling outlined an extensive low grade epithermal gold system with indications of potential for additional and higher grade mineralization.
Shovelnose Gold: The 15,542 ha Shovelnose property is located near the southern end of the Spences Bridge Gold Belt (SBGB), approximately 30 km south of Merritt, British Columbia. The property is accessible by the Coquihalla Highway (BC Provincial Highway #5) at the Coldwater exit, then by a series of logging roads to the northern and southern portions of the property.
The Shovelnose claims cover prospective stratigraphy in the southern SBGB, a 110 km northwest–trending belt of intermediate to felsic volcanic rocks dominated by the Cretaceous Spences Bridge group. These relatively underexplored volcanic rocks are highly prospective for epithermal style gold mineralization. Low-sulphidation epithermal gold quartz veins occur throughout the range of Spences Bridge Group stratigraphy. Westhaven has a 100% interest in this property subject to a 2% NSR. Westhaven has the option to purchase to purchase 1% of the 2%NSR back for $500,000.
In February of 2019, Westhaven is planning to initiate a fully financed drill program of approximately 7 holes for 2,500m’s of diamond drilling.
Skoonka Creek: The Skoonka Creek property is situated near the northern end of the Spences Bridge Gold Belt (SBGB), a series of Cretaceous subaerial volcanic rocks with the potential to host epithermal-style mineralization. The property is a three hour drive by car from Vancouver, approximately 15 km from the Trans Canada Highway and the CPR Railway Line and 12 km northeast of Lytton, BC. Westhaven owns 100% interest in the property.
A number of epithermal gold prospects and showings have been discovered on the property including the JJ, Discovery, Deadwood, Ember, Backburn and Zebra prospects. The Discovery, Deadwood, Ember, and Backburn showings define the Deadwood-Backburn trend (the "DBT"), a 3,000 m long east-west trending structural corridor defined by weakly to strongly clay and silica altered volcanic rocks and coincident gold in soil geochemical anomalies.
Westhaven Ventures Resource Center
- August 6, 2019 - Westhaven Announces the Appointment of Vice-President of Corporate Development and Investor Relations
- July 29, 2019 - Westhaven Drills 52.22 Metres of 5.13 G/T Gold in Second Vein Zone at Shovelnose
- July 8, 2019 - Westhaven Provides an Exploration Update on Shovelnose
- June 17,2019 - Westhaven Resumes Drilling at Shovelnose
- May 28,2019 - Westhaven Commences Property-Wide Exploration at Shovelnose
- May 16, 2019 - Westhaven Drills 12.00 Metres of 5.54 G/T Gold and 2.00 Metres of 44.90 G/T Gold
- May 02, 2019 - Westhaven Completes Drilling at Shovelnose
- April 22,2019 - Westhaven Drills 28.72 Metres of 2.97 G/T Gold and 13.68 G/T Silver, Including 1.55m of 32.60 G/T Gold and 130.68 G/T Silver at Shovelnose
- March 18, 2019 - Westhaven Drills 12.66 Metres of 39.31 g/t Gold and 133.11 g/t Silver at Shovelnose
- Feb 27, 2019 - Westhaven Ventures at the PDAC 2019
- Feb 22, 2019 - Westhaven Closes Previously Announced Private Placement
- Feb 20, 2019 - Westhaven Commences Drilling at Shovelnose
- Jan 28, 2019 - Westhaven Ventures Inc. At AME Roundup
- Jan 15, 2019 - Westhaven Ventures Inc.: Invitation to VRIC Booth 1034
- Jan 9, 2019 - Westhaven Completes Airborne Geophysics on Its Skoonka and Skoonka North Gold Properties
- Dec 21, 2018 - Westhaven Shareholders Approve All Motions Put Forth at AGM
- Dec 19, 2018 - Westhaven Completes Drilling at Shovelnose
- Nov 14, 2018 - Westhaven Announces Stock Option Grant
- Exploring British Columbia’s newest gold belt
- All quiet on the gold front: Time to buy?