Canada Nickel has launched wholly-owned NetZero Metals Inc. to develop zero-carbon production of Nickel, Cobalt and Iron and applied for the trademarks NetZero NickelTM, NetZero CobaltTM and NetZero IronTM across several jurisdictions.
A number of key technologies are being explored to establish Crawford as a Zero-Carbon footprint operation:
– Deposition approaches for waste rock and tailings during mining to expose the serpentine rock to air to allow this material to absorb CO2 through natural mineral carbonation (exact amount and rate at which CO2 can be absorbed from materials mined at Crawford will be analyzed during upcoming phases of work).
– Utilization of electric rope shovels and trolley trucks which utilize electricity rather than diesel fuel as a power source wherever possible.
– Large scale processing of lower grade sulphide ores utilizes a significant amount of electricity
– local proximity to hydroelectricity provides the potential to minimize carbon emissions for this stage of production.
– Existing pyrometallurgical processes such as roasting, sulphation roasting, and reduction using electric arc furnaces (utilizing natural gas rather than coke or coal as a reductant) with the off gases captured and re-routed to allow the CO2 to be captured by the waste rock and tailings.
– Existing hydrometallurgical processes to produce nickel and cobalt products such as the Albion or other similar processes, which generate minimal off-gases to produce nickel and cobalt products. The off-gases will again be captured and treated to ensure CO2 and SO2 emissions are minimized.
– Production of iron products utilizing existing direct reduced iron (DRI) processes or reduction in electric arc furnaces utilizing natural gas. About Canada Nickel Canada Nickel is advancing the next generation of high quality, high potential nickel-cobalt projects to deliver the metals needed to power the electric vehicle revolution and feed the high growth stainless steel market.
For More information visit: http://www.canadanickel.com or https://insidexploration.com/cnc/ Stay informed and hear it first with Insidexploration, your number 1 source for Multimedia Due Diligence. We take you along on site visits, personal interviews, and in-depth analysis of the top mining and exploration companies on the market today.
Ways to connect with Insidexploration:
Website – https://insidexploration.com
Follow us on Twitter – @insidexplr – https://twitter.com/insidexplr
Join us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Insidexplr/
Youtube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/c/insidexplor…
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/insidexpl…